- glass of oj
- yogi tea (skin detox) 3 tsp raw sugar
- spoonful of instant “cookie dough” (recipe from Happy Herbivore)
- leftover cauliflower pesto soup (recipe from Isa Chandra Moskowitz)
- 3 pieces of candy (swedish fish)
- dinner salad: romaine lettuce, sprouts, tomatoes, cucumber topped with annie’s goddess dressing
- beet burger and carrot fries (both from Color Me Vegan cookbook) i hate beets. i’ve never ever enjoyed them. this year i’m trying new things…and things i didn’t like in the past. this beet burger recipe was actually pretty tasty. i was pleasantly surprised. :O)
so day one is a success. i refrained from my usual coffee (would you like some coffee with your sugar???) and limited the snacks to a few swedish fish. i do have a nasty caffeine withdrawal headache, but it’s nothing a glass of oj won’t fix.