- french press of coffee (4 tsp sugar per mug)
- leftovers! beet burger with vegenaise, brown rice & curried chickpeas & greens
- salad: spinach, purple cabbage, tomatoes, cucumber, turkey salad with homemade dressing
- dressing: vegenaise, extra virgin olive oil, spicy brown mustard & agave nectar
- leftovers: curried chickpeas & greens
- 2 chocolate chip cookies (i baked two batches for a vegan potluck i’m attending tomorrow!)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- TSP baking soda
- TSP salt
- 1 cup earth balance
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 3/4 brown sugar
- TBS vanilla extract
- egg replacer (2 eggs)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped almonds
combine flour, baking soda & salt in bowl. beat butter, raw sugar, brown sugar & vanilla in larger mixing bowl. add egg replacer; gradually beat in flour mixture. stir in chocolate chips & nuts. drop by tablespoon onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
♥♥♥everyone that knows me, knows how much i adore my pug, miyagi. a few months ago i started feeding him vegan meals instead of dry kibble. he LOVES eating fruits, veggies and grains! i plan on taking him to the vet to have his blood drawn to make sure all of his levels are okay. if something is awry, i will go back to his holistic dog food. many people argue that dogs are hunters in the wild, but i beg to differ. if you met miyagi, you would know he could not hurt a fly if his life depended on it. he is the most peaceful dog i’ve ever known. i KNOW if he was a wild dog, he would eat berries, acorns and grass. he tries to eat these things in the yard…so i know he’d do the same if he were wild. he’s a natural vegetarian. this morning miyagi had: oatmeal, blueberries, banana with a teaspoon of peanut butter. for dinner i gave him leftover brown rice, chopped tomatoes & frozen peas (ran them under hot water before serving).
just an fyi for anyone who decides to try a vegan diet for their dogs…
do not feed them: onions, mushrooms, garlic, chocolate, alcohol, raisins, grapes, avocado, and macadamia nuts. doggies don’t do well with those particular foods. i’ve also heard tomatoes are bad, but miyagi LOVES tomatoes and has never had any bad reactions to them!