- buckwheat pancakes
- gimme lean sausage
buckwheat panckake recipe:
- 2/3 cup arrowhead mills buckwheat pancake mix
- 1 egg substitute (i use ener-g brand)
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tsp safflower oil
- 1 cup rice milk (any non dairy milk is fine)
- blueberries or sliced strawberries (i was out of fruit so i omitted)
mix all ingredients until smooth. cook on preheated, oiled pan – turning over when edges turn brown.
i topped my pancakes with some earth balance spread and REAL maple syrup. and served with gimme lean sausage. so yummy!
- leftover corn chowder topped with diced tomato
- pumpernickel toast
- super vegi sausage soup
super vegi sausage soup recipe
- bob’s red mill vegi soup mix
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, peeled & chopped
- 4 cups veggie stock
- fresh spinach
- dried thyme
- salt & pepper
- field roast sausage, chopped
after reading some comments on the Bob’s Red Mill website, i decided to cook the soup mix longer than the directions say. so i boiled two cups of the mix – in six cups of water for one hour.
in another large pot i sauteed the onion, carrots & celery for ten minutes. i added the thyme, salt & pepper and then added the 4 cups of water (with better than bouillon “no chicken” mixed in). next i drained the soup mixture and added it to the pot with the onion mixture. brought to a boil and then simmered for 20 minutes.
i sauteed the sausage in a frying pan until browned, then added it to the soup. also added the spinach and cooked for 10 minutes longer.
this was not hard to make and super yummy!
- larabar (peanut butter cookie flavor)