- green smoothie: (spinach, rice milk, amazing meal, acai, chia seeds, agave, frozen strawberries, banana)
- leftover butternut coconut rice
- peanut butter waffles (recipe in vegan brunch cookbook by isa chandra moskowitz)
i topped the waffles with sliced banana and vegan chocolate chips!
- gimme lean sausage patties
- yogi skin detox hot tea
- chick’n fajita soup
- layered taco salad
so i used the basics of the tortilla soup recipe from the appetite for reduction cookbook and made it my own. the layered taco salad is just something i veganized a while back. 🙂
chick’n fajita soup recipe:
- gardein chick’n scallopini
- taco seasoning (cumin, chili pepper, s&p, oregano, garlic & onion powder)
- green pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- blue corn chips
- 2 cups vegetable broth (i use water & boullion)
- one onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup frozen corn
- jalapeno pepper, diced
- cilantro, chopped
- 24 oz crushed tomato
- 1 can pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- dash cumin
- juice of one lime
heat olive oil in soup pot. add onion, green pepper and jalapeno. cook for five minutes. add garlic. add crushed tomato and vegetable broth. add cumin. throw in a handful of blue corn chip crumbles. cover and bring to a boil.
when soup begins to boil, add frozen corn, pinto beans, chopped cilantro and lime juice. lower heat and simmer. continue to cook for another 15-20 minutes.
in a small saute pan, heat olive oil. dredge 2 gardein chick’n scallopini in taco seasoning mixture and saute 5 minutes on both sides. remove from heat, cut into strips.
serve soup with blue corn chips. top with seasoned chick’n strips. 🙂
layered taco salad recipe:
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- daiya cheddar shreds
- frozen or fresh corn kernels
- your favorite salsa
- gimme lean beef style, crumbled, sauteed
- homemade guacamole (avocado, cilantro, one chopped tomato, salt, chili powder, minced garlic, juice of one lemon)
- tofutti sour cream
- chopped tomatoes
- taco seasoning (i make my own: chili powder, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt & pepper)
- baked tortilla chips (i prefer blue corn chips!)
layer each item in a glass bowl. you can make one layer of each or several. totally up to you. i like one layer of each ingredient. serve with tortilla chips! super fun for a potluck or get together. 🙂 i also usually add black beans or refried beans, but i was out…and there were pinto beans in the soup… so it was fine without them!