- yogi skin detox hot tea with agave nectar to sweeten ❤
- leftover tofu scramble with field roast sausage in a spinach wrap – also added some baby greens and shredded carrots.
- rhubarb walnut bread. found a recipe online for rhubarb almond bread and made it my own! 🙂
RECIPE: rhubarb walnut bread
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup organic applesauce
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup diced rhubarb
- 1/2 cup soaked raisins
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
directions: preheat oven to 350. mix all wet ingredients well (oil, sugar, rice milk, vinegar, applesauce) in separate bowl mix dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon). then add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until thoroughly combined. fold in rhubarb, raisins and walnuts.
bake at 350 for about 60 minutes.
i’m not the hugest fan of rhubarb, but my grandmother’s garden has an abundance and now our freezer is overflowing with frozen rhubarb. 😦 so i’m constantly searching for new rhubarb recipes. this is my first this season. 🙂 the original recipe can be found HERE.
somehow i stuck to my once piece limit for the day. i’ve been known to inhale an entire loaf of banana bread in the past…..
- braised seitan with brussels, kale & sun-dried tomatoes (from veganomicon cookbook)
- homemade mashed potatoes
i know it’s summer and i shouldn’t be making a winter stew type meal, but it just sounded so good! i also realize brussel sprouts are no longer in season but my grocery store has em so i bought em. 🙂 i need some comfort food so i guess it doesn’t matter what month it is. and to be fair, the weather has been cooler this week. mother nature is confused because we are having spring in june. 😀 and i am NOT complaining.
vegan mashed potatoes are simple. scrub the potatoes well – i use yukon gold. cut into quarters & boil in salted water. once the potatoes are fork tender, drain the water and add rice milk, earth balance & nutritional yeast – and mash until all the lumps are gone. you can always add other fun stuff like roasted garlic and daiya cheddar shreds. 🙂
- fruit salad over coconut yogurt. green grapes, banana, apple, coconut flakes and a few chocolate chips to crave my evening sugar cravings.