so the past few days new york has experienced a heat wave…. yes, yes, i AM from south florida. i am use to heat and humidity… but i’m also use to having central a/c in every room of the house. here, in new york there is one little window unit in the living room. washing the dishes has produced sweat comparable to 45 minutes of cardio. the temperature in my kitchen reached 90 degrees…. and that’s WITHOUT cooking! so needless to say, there wasn’t much action in the kitchen!
highlights from the past few days…
- smoothies (coconut yogurt, fresh strawberries, fresh pineapple, rice milk & frozen banana)
- sushi dinner (delivery from wild ginger)
- chickpea salad with raw carrots, celery, crackers & red bell pepper
- cheese-less veggie pizza from uno’s
- coconut yogurt topped with fresh strawberries & pineapple
- taco bell (bean/lettuce/tomato soft tacos) *first time in four years?!
- cornbread waffles (today was waffle sunday) with gimme lean sausage patties!
time to go grocery shopping and hopefully get back to cooking. i have yet to try out a few of my newer cookbooks. and i really want to start trying more recipes from vegan brunch. i really only made muffins, waffles & pancakes but there are so many more amazing sounding recipes! looking forward to fall…. can’t wait for cooler weather.