- french press coffee (rice milk / sugar)
- green smoothie: enriched rice milk, frozen strawberries, 1/2 frozen banana, spinach, gogi berries, green apple, amazing meal
- very gingery pear and sweet potato soup (get healthy, go vegan)
DELICIOUS!!! what a great combination of flavors. grandma loved it too. i used my immersion blender instead of the food processor and it came out super creamy and so much less clean up! 😀
- sea salt saltines
- tempeh sloppy joe (get healthy, go vegan)
i’ve decided to have a battle of the joe’s this week. i have a whole bunch of lentils to cook up so i’m gonna make snobby joes tomorrow.
tempeh vs lentils who will win?!?! 😉
i have some weight watchers whole wheat burger buns in the fridge that need to be used up… (grandma is still on a soft diet…) i don’t normally like eating processed foods with ingredients i can’t pronounce, but these are lo-carb and i need to get rid of them…. i’m kinda liking the tempeh in this version of sloppy joes. it seemed like it took 10 minutes to make too! so quick & easy!!!!
- chocolate peanut butter smoothie: natural peanut butter, raw cacao powder, 1/2 frozen banana, enriched rice milk, vanilla extract, flax meal
* – * – * – * – * – * – * – * – * – * – * – * – * – * – * – * – * – * – * – * – * – * – * – *
i never really talk about what miyagi is eating (yes, my dog is vegan too!) so here’s a random miyagi meal. i cooked some quinoa and added some cooked pear & sweet potato from the soup i made earlier for lunch…. added some frozen peas & carrots… cherry tomatoes from grandma’s garden… and sprinkled some coconut oil on top….
miyagi is having his yearly skin issues right now…. so he’s taking antibiotics to help clear it up! to hide his pills i take a cherry tomato, squeeze it gently over the sink until the contents squirt out… then i shove the pill in the opening! wallah! a vegan pill pocket… so much better than the store bought version! 😀