so all attempts at eating healthy went out the window the past few days with a dangerous hurricane barreling our way. i spent entirely too much money at whole foods thursday night and left with NOTHING healthy. 2 bags of vegan doritos, veggie chips, salsa, cookies, vegan turkey salad, bread, nut butters, etc etc. okay so it wasn’t all junk food. but man do i feel fat! here’s a recap of the few things i ate the past two days….
- whole wheat spaghetti with marinara sauce (normally i don’t do jarred sauce…) with parma sprinkled on top!
- turkey salad salad and turkey salad sandwiches
- 6 homemade oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies (used the recipe from vegan cookies invade the cookie jar but subbed chocolate chips for crushed peanuts!)
- veggie chips
- primal vegan jerky
- pumpkin smoothie
- salsa picante tias chips (vegan doritos)
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
pumpkin pie smoothie recipe:
- 1 can organic pumpkin
- 1 cup enriched organic rice milk
- 1 cup dairy free yogurt (vanilla)
- pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs agave nectar
- 1 frozen banana
throw it all in a blender and then enjoy! so freaking yummy! i bought the canned pumpkin for miyagi’s after hurricane dinner but didn’t use all of it… kept thinking about it sitting all alone in the fridge… so i went and made a pumpkin pie smoothie. so freaking yummy!!! 😀 i’m so excited for fall!!!!!
so happy the mailman delivered this yesterday. wonderful hurricane reading material!
so far so good…. we still have power… no damage to us or the house. “hurricane” irene wasn’t so bad after all. back to our normally scheduled life starting tomorrow! can’t wait to work off all the junk food at the gym tomorrow… if i can get there (apparently there is a lot of flooding the route i take to the gym!) 😦