a few new cookbooks showed up on my doorstep yesterday….
- hearty vegan meals for monster appetites
- vegan soups and hearty stews for all season
- veg times everything vegan
- peas and thank you
- the conscious cook
#1 has some really amazing looking dishes, but on the not so healthy spectrum! the torture! why oh why did i order this amazing *but not so healthy* cookbook when i decide to start eating healthy?!? 😦 like captain crunch french toast?!!? UM YES PLEASE GET IN MY MOUTH & BELLY! the fat kid in me wanted to try everything but chose only two recipes instead. i can’t wait to try the french toast though! i bought the *healthier* version gorilla munch instead of captain crunch which has 1,000,000 ingredients i can’t pronounce. i’m sending #4 back. i had high hopes since the blog seems pretty awesome, but the layout of the book was terrible. nothing seemed appetizing to me. i just got frustrated. i don’t want stories & photos about your husband and kids… i just want the gosh darn recipe!!!!! so disappointed! oh well. i have enough new cookbooks to get me through the winter!
- tropical smoothie (frozen mango, strawberry & banana, oat milk, agave, vega smoothie infusion, flax meal, coconut flakes, maca & acai powder)
- leftover tempeh salad (out of the bowl)
- brown rice with earth balance & parma
- cauliflower mash (with earth balance, nutritional yeast, white pepper, salt & cheddar daiya)
- peach / strawberry smoothie (frozen peach & strawberries, oat milk, flax meal, agave nectar)
- popcorn (pan popped in evoo topped with nutritional yeast, salt & garlic powder)