- the captains french toast (hearty vegan meals for monster appetites) topped with maple syrup & sliced strawberries
this recipe was pretty easy. SUPER yummy. and perfect for weekend brunch! i was so full from breakfast i skipped lunch completely! 😀
- tempetan burgers (hearty vegan meals for monster appetites)
- kale, yellow squash & sweet potato soup (soups & hearty stews for all seasons cookbook)
the tempeh / seitan burgers were phe NOM NOM NOM enal. they are sweet and spicy and so yummy! 😀 i’m seriously in LOVE with this cookbook! i want to try every single recipe. it’s NOT a healthy cookbook…but MAN is it good!
i think i added a bit too much water to the stew so it was a bit too soupy & needed more flavor. i’ll fix it up tomorrow for leftovers!
- mango custard (from veg news newsletter)
1/2 cup ice
12 ounces coconut milk
2 teasoons agave nectar
2 teaspoons agar agar powder
1. In a blender, purée mangoes and ice until smooth. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring coconut milk and agave nectar to a boil. Lower heat to medium. Add agar agar and whisk for about 5 minutes, until powder has dissolved.
2. Add mango purée to coconut-milk mixture. Remove from heat, pour into serving dishes, and refrigerate about one hour before serving.
i messed up and my mangoes were NOT ready to eat… so i used frozen mango instead (and no ice) and well so far it hasn’t worked out right. anyone know how to make a mango ripe quickly? i’m thinking maybe a brown paper bag like avocados! i dunno. the custard has been in the fridge for a few hours and it still isn’t custard-y. 😦