- french press coffee (2 tbs sugar, rice milk)
- green pumpkin smoothie (rice milk, frozen banana, dates, splash vanilla, 1/4 cup canned pumpkin, spinach, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger)
- kale salad topped with chickpea salad
so i’ve ordered kale salad a lot when i go out to eat, but i rarely ever make it at home. also everyone on facebook keeps posting pictures of yummy kale salads they’re making at home… so i am jumping on this kale salad bandwagon! 😉 i need to tweak the “dressing” a bit…it was far from perfect. i used tahini, fresh lemon juice and sweet miso. i think i used a tad too much miso! i also threw in some chopped tomatoes & red bell pepper and let everything marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes to soften up the kale a bit. when my chickpea salad was ready, i pulled the kale salad out of the fridge… added some carrot flakes… and YUM. lunch was great!
my chickpea salad: 1 can chickpeas (drained & rinsed), chopped celery, relish, vegan mayo, salt, white pepper & spicy mustard! sometimes i add tomatoes or salsa… peppers… etc. just make it as you would your tuna salad! 😉 i’m ADDICTED to chickpea salad!
- leftovers from lunch
after walk juice / smoothie:
- fresh carrot / spinach juice MIXED INTO
- frozen berries, green apple, green grapes, gogi berries, fresh banana
i’ve always wanted to try carrot juice in place of non dairy milk or coconut water in my smoothies! kinda like a v8 splash or something! 😉 mmmmmmmmm. it was SO good!